- 2020 Calendar is now available at Buyolympia.com. EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON THIS DEPENDS ON EVERYTHING. This is Volume #22!
- Apple is now a board book.
- Fall issue of Orion features a poetry broadside illustrated by me and and interview
- October 4, 2019– Paper Exhibition at Bainbridge Arts and Crafts Gallery, I’ll be part of a group show.
- November 2, 2019– Lacey Library APPLE FEST . I will be reading Apple at noon? and signing books.
- November 9, 2019 – University of Washington Bookstore, Conversation with Melanie Falick celebrating her new book “MAKING A LIFE: Working by Hand and Discovering the Life You Were Meant to Live”, published by Workman. I am one of the artists featured as well as Jay T. Scott, my partner.
- November 16, 2019 from 2-6PM Land Gallery , Portland- Artshow! The originals of the 2020 calendar will be exhibited as well as odds and ends of the year of making.
- Winter issue of Orion– My last Broadside for them. Poem by Ilya Kaminsky.
- December 5, 2019– Stonington Gallery’s 40th Anniversary Exhibit. I am honored to be in this show alongside contemporary Coast Salish artists.
- December 14, 2019– Crafty Wonderland Calendar and Book signing, 12-2pm. Portland Convention Center.
- February 25, 2020 – “What Will These Hands Make?” – publication date. Artshow of illustrations and events at Browser’s Bookshop, Olympia.
- More events to follow.
- The Golden Thread: A Song For Pete Seeger written by Colin Meloy and illustrated by me. Published by Balzer + Bray. 4/17 Starred reviews from Publisher’s weekly and Kirkus Review https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062368256/the-golden-thread
- The Great Chicken Escape. A book I wrote in 1998, now larger format with die cut cover and WORDS (just a few). Published by Cameron + Company 4/27
http://cameronbooks.com/product/great-chicken-escape/ Starred review by Kirkus
- And Mama, Is It Summer Yet? as a board book! Published by Abrams Books 4/3/18
The Great Chicken Escape and The Golden Thread Events!
- April 18, 2018 at 10:15am Olympia Timberland Library Toddler Storytime- with Michael Dempster singing. More
- April 20th, 2018 at 5-6:30 Book Party and Art Show Browsers Books, Olympia I’ll show original papercuts from The Golden Thread More
- Friday, April 27th, 2018 at Copperfield’s @ 3:30/4pm Petaluma
- Saturday, April 28th, 2018 at 9:45am – Cutest Little Chick contest at Butter & Eggs
- Saturday, April 28th, 2018 at Bay Area Book Festival BABF in the afternoon in-booth signing
- Sunday, April 29th, 2018 at 2pm at Diesel Books
- Monday, April 30th, 2018 at 7:30 – Book and Art Talk at Booksmith’s The Bindery, San Francisco
- May 3rd, 2018 – Pete Seeger’s Birthday. Lincoln Elementary Library Benefit Sing-a-Long and Storytime. With Michael Dempster leading the songs as we read The Golden Thread. All proceeds will benefit Lincoln Elementary Library.
- June, 2018 – Exhibit at Mystic Seaport Museum.
- Through December, 2017 – A Life in Balance, exhibit at Mystic Seaport Museum of my work and process. I will be there for events June 17, 2017.
- September, 2017 – an exhibit in at the NW Maritime Center.
- 2017 Calendar out now! – THRIVE. Available at buyolympia
- December 10, 2016 – Crafty Wonderland, Portland, OR. (I don’t really live there!! It will just feel like it by then.)
- December 1, 2016 – Forest Show at Stonington Gallery, Seattle. I will be part of a group show about forests.
- November 19, 2016 – Calendar originals artshow at Land Gallery, Portland 6-9
- November 19, 2016 – Wild Arts Festival, Portland Oregon. I will be signing and hanging out with a room full of writers and artists. 12-4.
- November 12, Findlay, Ohio at the Mazza Museum Winter Conference, Findlay University.
- November 5, 2016 – Wordstock, Portland, OR. I will be reading at 11am at the Portland Art Museum.
- October 4, 2016 – 20 years of paper cutting! Apple was first made 20 years ago. (I will have a special sale of signed Apple books available at buyolympia very soon!)
- October 4, 2016 – Tegamisha, Tokyo. I will be showing some new work here. I won’t be there sadly, but my papercuts will be as well as a pop-up store for buyolympia.
- September 23, 2016– Mystic Seaport opens new Thompson Gallery. I designed entry hall artwork. It is 15×60 feet!
- All in a Day (by Cynthia Rylant) and Mama, is it Summer yet? will be released as board books in 2017!
- Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival. I did the poster for this year’s Festival and will have an exhibit in September 2017 at the NW Maritime Center.
- The Golden Thread by Colin Meloy and illustrated by Nikki McClure, published by Balzer& Bray is due out summer of 2018
- Chickens on the Run!, an up dated version of The Great Chicken Escape to be published by Cameron & Company due out Spring 2018
- A new book by Jeremy Chatelain May The Stars Drip Down that I illustrated is now available.
The publisher made this nice video about the process.
- A recent interview with me over at NW Book Lovers
- A new edition of Collect Raindrops with 64 new pages is now available.
- New calendar is done! Now available at buyolympia.com!
- The Olympia Rotary Club awarded me Environmentalist of the Year 2013.
- A video of a lecture I gave at The Evergreen State College is now available on YouTube.
- The Museum of Contemporary Craft has published a series of writings about my exhibit there by Lois Maffeo, Jean Smith and Carrie Brownstein.
- To Market, To Market wins Washington State Book Award
- New posters, cards, t-shirts and limited edition print at buyolympia.com
- Apple, published by Appleseed will be out in Fall 2012, and it already has a starred review from Publisher’s Weekly.
- How to be a Cat is out!
- Finishing layout for “May the Stars Drip Down” by Jeremy Chatelain of the band, Cub Country. Nighttime lullaby. You can listen to the song to get an idea.
- To Market, To Market won a Gold Medal for Non-fiction from Parent’s Choice and is selected to be in the Society of Illustrators Awards Exhibition in October, NYC.
- I’m interviewed on Crafty Crafty .TV
- Created album art for Resume: A Compilation Album to Support the Victims of the Japan Earthquake.
- Great Interview with me on Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast.
- To Market, To Market about the Olympia Farmer’s Market. Out May 2011.
- Paper Cutting: Contemporary Artists, Timeless Craft A compilation of papercut artists. Out April 2011.
- How To Cook A Perfect Day. It is a cookbook that I originally made in 1998 with recipes and food memories to concoct the perfect day. It has been rebound and reprinted. Available Now
- Cool piece on Liberated Spaces about what to do with old calendars.
- A recent interview with me on Kindness of Ravens blog.
- I’ve written up a little background piece about Mama Is It Summer Yet.
- From The Desk Of… I’ve been featured on From The Desk Of… a nice site that shows artists’ (and other folks’) workplaces.
- Live radio interview with Nikki McClure and Cynthia Rylant about “All in a Day”
on Think Out Loud, Oregon Public Broadcasting. Listen
- All in a Day has been awarded a 2010 PNBA Book Award (Pacific NW Booksellers Association)
- Since 1965 the PNBA has presented annual awards to recognize excellence in writing from the Pacific Northwest. To see the full list of winners, you can visit their site.
Interviews and Articles
- Seattle Weekly – Fall Arts: A Walk in the Goddamn Woods With Nikki McClure
- The Olympian – Living Her Dreams
- LA Weekly – Interview: Nikki McClure on Illustrating with an X-Acto Knife
- Interview with Chad W. Beckerman – All In A Day
- Divine Caroline – Mothers of Invention: Calendar Girl
- Reading Local: Portland Interview